The Hollows Ladies Golf Association offers all women golfers the opportunity for competition at all skill levels and for socialization with like-minded women. The result is just plain fun! From the season’s opening day scramble (first Tuesday of April) to the last day scramble and awards luncheon (last Tuesday of October), the HLGA goal is to ensure that ALL our members have fun and a chance to win.
Open membership, you do not need to be a member of The Hollows Golf Club to join the ladies’ association. There are no assessments and no monthly fees.
Duffer? New Player? Don’t Worry!
Afraid your game isn’t up to par? Don’t be! This may be the most supportive club you’re ever joined. Throughout the season, games are varied between gross and net competitions–within flight–to give all players a chance to win. While golf is important and all golf rules are followed, the women in this club genuinely enjoy the game and want to share that enjoyment with others. Are you a new player and don’t know what rule applies during play? You’ll get a member handbook with the most common rules and more seasoned players will help you learn them as you play. Finally, take lessons or attend clinics with The Hollows golf pro.
Not Up to Playing 18 holes yet?
If you are still concerned that your game is too slow or golf knowledge is not “up to par,” The Hollows has just the thing for you! Join the Nine-Hole Not-So-Serious Golfing Ladies for play. Check with the Pro Shop on Tuesday play times
- Discounted Ladies Day rate on cart & greens fee
- VSGA membership and handicap card
- A monthly subscription to Virginia Golfer magazine
- Standing shotgun start on Tuesday mornings
- Annual Member-Guest Tournament
- Annual co-ed Memorial Tournament
- Out-of-season play and social events
How To Join
No Assessments, No Monthly Fee
Low Annual Dues: Only $75.00 (for 2017)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Please email Birdie Nuckols email@example.com with any questions
(put “HLGA” in the subject line) or call The Hollows Golf Club @ (8094) 883-5381 for assistance.
Shotgun starts on Tuesdays:
- 8:30 am April – Oct
(arrive 8:00 am)
- 9:30 am November – March
(arrive 9:15 am)
- February — March: Individual Stroke Play – non competitive
- March , Spring Meeting with golf to follow
- April : Opening Day Scramble
- October: Closing Day Scramble and Awards
- December: HLGA Christmas Party